Yesterday the boys and I explored the highlands and lowlands of Scotland, the artists and writers, and other interesting facts as well. We did it all from the comfort of our front room, too!
Have you seen the latest Pixar movie, “Brave,” yet?
Disney and Pixar are hoping that after seeing the movie you will want to see more of Scotland, the setting of this story. They have teamed up with “Visit Scotland”, Scotland’s National Tourism Organization to bring you a website full of great ways to explore this beautiful country from the comfort of your home.
They also have a contest to win a 5 night trip for two children and two adults! Some of the magnificent treats we have in store for our lucky winner include:
- Staying in some of Scotland’s most luxurious accommodation including a 16th-century castle
- Your own personal tour guide
- A unique sailing experience across Scotland’s most legendary loch
- A private sea plane trip to a mystical Scottish island
- An after-hours guided tour of our National Museum
- A private viewing of the Honours of Scotland – the Scottish Crown Jewels – and the legendary Stone of Destiny
- Archery lessons in the grounds of one of Scotland’s iconic castles
The site is very interactive, your cursor turns to a Scottish sword point which you use to click and drag through the “Library of Scotland”. The contest runs until March of next year so you have plenty of time to explore this great resource.
Jackie Masek is a homeschool mom, writer, and IDG contributor who shares resources and information at her website. LJSkool.com.
© 2012 Jackie Masek